Monday 18 May 2009

Sell Out!

Laugh and hurt inside at the same time.

Twist and grapple with your emotions at the end of it all.

Walk away with a myriad of emotions and grasp the intangible.

Bare it all with the unpretentious

.

.

.

.

.


SELL OUT!


Year: 2008

Country: Malaysia

Length: 110 mins

Language: Manglish, English, Mandarin, Cantonese

World Premiere: Venice Film Festival

Director/Producer/Editor: Yeo Joon Han

Starring: Jerrica Lai, Peter Davis, Kee Thuan-chye, Lim Teik-long, Wong Wai-hoong, Lee Szu-hung, Hannah Lo.


Unfortunately, since I watched it in the local cinema, this intricate piece of work has been unfashionably mutilated by the Censorship Board. *big sigh*

Given a chance, I would rewatch it again and again... and again. Would love to grab a copy of the uncensored version. If anyone has a way, do share with me. I'd really appreciate it. Hehe, if Mr Yeo plans to release the OST, all the better.

Support our local art scene. A fine piece of work like this does not come by everyday. Not your usual fare of Hollywood gunk, this is the real deal. You'll walk away with new perspectives...... or unearth those that you once held, but buried away to make way for the lesser important things in life.

Be cautioned, emotions will run high through the movie. Any true blue Malaysian will not want to miss this. Catch it while it's still on. Hurry!

For reviews, click here.

3 comments:

spunkz said...

Spoiler alert: For my ex A-Level mates, you may recogize a VERY FAMILIAR BUTT CRACK in the movie... I saw Calvin Chan Tze Loon in Sell Out!. Surprised? Me too. I was shrieking. Haha. And also note a cameo from Dom Luke from UCSI. Talk abt reunion. huhu.

Webby said...

I guess he made it famouse with his outstanding (really outstanding) trait.

fatboybakes said...

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!! so farneeeee right! one of my friends was innit.