Tuesday 5 May 2009

Krispy Kreme @ Berjaya Times Square


I ain't kidding when I said we got Kreme-d.


On our shores, baybeh... sweet~


Hot doughnuts are in the making when the red light's-a-blazing. We stumbled upon this cute revelation by reading their takeaway box.


The doughnut elevator... muahaha.


Something's in hot oil... and we wonder what. :P


This is where they get their royal sheen. That priceless shimmery coating that will get any doughnut virgin converted. Even the most jaded doughnut dopey would agree.


Service was prompt and efficient. I'm not saying this just because we got a free doughnut each. :X


We chose to have four of the original. The rest was handpicked by Mr Manager who assured us that he'll pick the best for us. I wouldn't know if they were the best for sure, but it certainly made the line move faster. That's why I mentioned the service was good earlier. I call it ingenious psychology which yields result.


The real McCoy.


At the bustling outlet itself, yours truly could hardly contain her excitement that she called up Sister Long Legs to share the joy. Hope she would have had sugar coated her dainty fingers by the time this post got published. Foodies, we love sharing. tee hee hee.

By the way, some info to share.. If you box the Krispy Kreme doughnuts home, you can still have them hot and fluffy. Just pop these babies into the microwave for 8 seconds and they're as good as just out of the processing line. We kept some in the refridgerator for 2 days (yes, we're guilty of forgetfulness).... it's a waste to just chuck these luscious beauties without some experiment. Hence we tried nuking them for 10-15 seconds and wow, they still taste awesome - soft and fluffy. Paired with cold milk.... mmmm..... *licks sugar off face*

Verdict: Very soft. Very fluffy. Go for the original sugar glazed doughnut. The thin sugar glaze sets it apart from doughnuts of other brands. It's not your usual sugar dusting. Rather, it's a coating which is not too thick to revolt, yet is thin enough to surprise a non-sweet tooth person like me.

Sugar.. I never knew that I can learn to appreciate it the Krispy way. I guess we learn something new every day.

Happy drooling!

1 comment:

Cass said...

It looks so good la!
I've tried it too! but only the glaze ones..
I cant wait to makan it again!!