Wednesday 22 April 2009

Mini dollar pancakes and Spaghetti

Lemme tell ya. PMS and boredom are the sickest bedfellows, ever.

I was totally pwn-ed by these j*rks yesterday night.

All in all which led me to decide that I need a lift of spirits today.

Comfort food was high on the radar, and many a thought came to mind. Warm mushroom soup or even clear Chinese soups were some of them. But then, twas quite a hassle as I am short of certain ingredients. After some deliberating, hmmm... one can't go wrong with pancakes right? Minified to dollar size, it should be just nice in portion and could probably leave me hankering for a second time. Do you know.... refined carbs are one of the reasons of bloating via sugar fermentation? So always be moderate when you're taking food from this food group.


Made the pancakes from the box of Pillsbury mix which I got myself few moons ago. It was really fun to watch the batter bubble and sizzle in the pan, not to mention simple to make. I've put off making the pancakes for eons as I did not have toppings or fillings of any sort at home except for a bottle of wild honey which tastes like alchohol. *wrinkles face* Still, I lightly drizzled the pancakes with that and happily sprinkled some 100s & 1000s and also chocolate rice atop the mini pancakes.

By golly, the colourful sprinkles appears to have a magnetic resonance to draw that little black cloud away. In addition, spunkz knows she's happy when she went:

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

With already a great start to the day, lunch did not pale in comparison and comprised of......

...... spaghetti with mushrooms, garnished with parmesan and parsley. I cheated and didn't make the sauce from scratch like I usually do. Bought a pre-mixed bottle instead. A depressed witch deserves some slack sometimes, I reckon. Haha. I made the pasta also because I wanted to trim my basil plant as they have been growing up real fast! Greens of the day was sweet peas or sugar snaps with a lone cherry tomato. I got the sugar snaps at a steal. RM 0.90/pack.




The after-lunch verdict? Talk to my satisfied tummy. :)

2 comments:

Cass said...

ur lunch sets always look so yummylicious!!
what time do u actually wake up to prepare them before work? hehe

spunkz said...

thanks. haha. sometimes at 6.30 am, sometimes 7 am. it depends on what i'm making or can i prepare some of the stuff to cook the night before.