Thursday 26 February 2009

SPAM for dinner!

The nutritionist:
Ahem.
Parental guidance needed for this post.
Highly artery clogging and extremely sodium infused.


Twas a rare occasion today that I got nearly half a day's off yesterday afternoon, hence I thought I'd make the boys happy with some home-cooked albeit processed food for a change coz we've been eating out every day. It's also because I can't leave either one of them out of this SPAM tasting experience, as they had eyed the can sitting in my cupboard ever since Christmas whizzed past. Since it's hard to actually get all 3 of us to congregate for a meal together, this is a must-take opportunity.

Sorry, all 3 of us very "sua-ku" (mountain tortoise, jakun and erhm.. medieval?), never eat western SPAM before. Luncheon meat ada laa. (I think Joon worships it. He has a shrine dedicated to it somewhere underneath his bed. He offers his snot to it in return for blessings of a lifelong supply's luncheon meat. shhhh.... duntellhimitelliuwokay)

The fler that rocked our night

They even have a how-to guide to proper SPAM using.
I thought it was darn cute.


Chiang chiang chiang chiang~
The smell that wafted out when the can popped, aitelliu......
Can die lor.

Greasy goodness.

Inner devil's excuse: I used olive oil laa.
The struggling angel: But.... mono also turn into trans-fat ady.


I'm thick skinned, so I gonna tell you:
It tasted as 'chun' as it looks. :P

I bought pumpkin seed bread from 'de Pastry Chef' in Medan Putra, Menjalara after work today. It was gorgeous with the fler of the night. Already say artery clogging lor, must add fiber.

Chucked in some romaine s'well. I bought a stalk from Tesco on the way back and it was like 28 cents. Seeds and greens not enough also, so I sauteed some cherry tomatoes in the remaining SPAM flavah infused oil and added a pinch of mixed herbs. Squash it in the middle of the SPAM-wich and it's like tomato sauce, only without additives. Yum! Another saving grace was, the SPAM's turkey and not pork. Aha. I don't feel too guilty because turkey's leaner.

Tsk tsk... excuses.. *wags finger at self*

I also got the loves of my life these dainty tarts from the same bakery cum cafe. I didn't get to eat any but I still happy, because my much loved and the more loved are both happy...



Oh, a very appreciative thanks to my Chombo Chombi darling for the premiere tix! Thank you for taking the trouble to invite us and making sure we reached there in time! I love you! The movie rocked only because you were there. Buu would have agreed with me. (won't you?)



You guys know wanna know what was Buu's comment about the movie?

Buu: Your Cantonese is better than Chun-Li.


....... nevah mind.

Chun-Li's pretty. Chombi Chombi says so too.
So go watch her. :)

For big assets, please look out for Maya.

For me, I look at Gen. Cool old man.
So sexy, can marry me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kristin kreuk dun suit to be chun li. she is chosen cause she has some asian look.

i rather they choose some real asian to act that role.