Tuesday 24 February 2009

Grilled Pork Ribs @ Deutsches Gasthaus 3

Oktoberfest may be months away. But when the desire for pork and an evening drink calls to be satiated, nothing should impede the way!

Buu expressed a strong urge to gnaw on some porcine tonight. As the usual partner-in-crime, I happily supported his notion. So together we hunted high and low for a place near my place that serves the elusive meat. After some major running around, we finally managed to find a German beerhouse that is porcine-friendly - Deutsches Gasthaus 3.

For drinks, Buu ordered a Denmark beer - Tuborg to quench his thirst. I picked from his glass, as always. I'm no beer connoisseur, so I don't really know how to differentiate between a good beer and a lousy one. But, I like the taste of this one. It was refreshing and went well with the meat that accompanied our meal later on.



Tuborg (0.33 litre) - RM 15


The menu spelt happiness to us both as we saw pork, pork and more pork. There were pork apperitifs, pork pizza, pork knuckles... Of course, there were also beef dishes as well as poultry, seafood and lamb. I saw moussaka and lamb ribs too. So enticing!

Buu had Rippchen Auf Sauerkraut, which was grilled braised pork rib served with pork sauce reduction, sauerkraut, toasted bread, and salad. Verdict? Lecker! The meat was absolutely tender and we had some finger-licking-good time gnawing the flesh off the bones. The reduced sauce was so appetising that I wished that there was more of it to go around. And I took to sauerkraut, just like I took to kimchi in no time. I think I have a soft side towards pickles.



Rippchen Auf Sauerkraut - RM 48


As I couldn't decide my main, Buu chose Pasta Nero for me. It was the chef's specially homemade fresh squid ink pasta with fresh tiger prawns in spicy garlic olive oil. The pasta was cooked just nice, al dente to the bite. I love the garlicky sauce that coated each strand of the pasta. The spicy twist to it was a nice touch and not overbearing at all. They were really generous with their prawns too. I counted six in the dish altogether and the tiger prawns were pretty fresh, oozing sweetness with each mouthful.


Pasta Nero - RM 38

Even before our dishes came, we were already planning our next trip back. Yes, for the food chiefly of course! To top it off, it was a nice place to chill out especially after a good day's work. Very relaxing, I find. Buu loved the interior, the part leading to the washroom. He mentioned something about mirrors and lights there. The dude has a thing for mirrors, I swear.




And I thought he was stuffed.... He ordered a dessert after our hefty mains! Ahaha, not complaining la. I also get to eat what. :)


Homemade Tiramisu - RM 15


The presentation by itself also whet our appetites already, don't you think so? The Tiramisu was pretty decent and enjoyable. It wasn't cloying like some that I had before, where the whipped cream was a bit too much. Very nice. That said, I don't have a sweet tooth. Dude can take more sweet stuff than me.


What with great food and cool ambience, we'll definitely be back!




Location:
Deutsches Gasthaus 3
Block C 112, Metroplitan Square,
Jln PJU 8/1, Bandar Damansara Perdana,
47820, Petaling Jaya.

4 comments:

mil0chel said...

Wow.. *slurps* You staying in PJ now jie ???

Cass said...

Looks good!!
I feel like indulging myself with porkies!! hahaha
Is the place easy to find? or it is quite hidden?

spunkz said...

chel: yea. I moved to pj late last year. :)

spunkz said...

cass: it's really easy to find. do u know where citibank is? it's on the same row.