Wednesday 11 February 2009

Happiness. Naturally @ Dessert's Bar

I remember when I was staying in my previous neighbourhood, a hard day's work would always be rewarded by the welcoming sight of the ice cream parlour, right at the street where home is merely 2 minutes away. Ever so softly, it glows, beckoning me to visit it... Ahh, how many times was I tempted to just saunter in and immerse myself in its warm and cosy setting.

Rationality is a second nature to me, much to my chagrin. Tell me, is it a fortune or misfortune? For I still can't decide. Being an intern and later a yet-to-be-confirmed employee, I somehow managed to countlessly battle the internal demon from splurging on what I haplessly imagined to be a pure moment of happiness. A few mouthful of melting moments. And some spoon-licking bliss.

When time came for me to move on, regrets were all but few. Pictures and reviews like this and this enticed me even more. I also hopped onto its online domain to decide (and drool) over what I'd devour there, if one day, one fine day, I really had a chance to take the leap.


By a stroke of luck, I revisited the neighbourhood again not too long after. It had been a long night... and my companion and I decided to grab a take-5 moment. And in to the little shop we wearily trudged. Bathed in warm yellow lights, we were greeted by some real comfy armchairs which we gratefully lounged on. Simple bliss. Order was swift with credits to my 'homework'. :)


Rum and raisin crepe, topped with a scoop of rum and raisin ice-cream.

The dessert did not take long to reach as we were among the last patrons in the shop. The raisins were pre-soaked in rum, lovely with the warm crepe and cool ice-cream. But my personal fave of em all was the pan-fried banana. Yummy!~

owh.. did I say that I like their byline too?


Happiness. Naturally.

No comments: