Wednesday 18 February 2009

Daiso Romp - New Bento Knick-knacks

Nichii or Daiso... Nichii or Daiso... Nichii or Daiso... for side by side they stand.

It's not that tough, really. If you know me. :)

aitelliu.... Daiso never fails to hear the "ka-chink!" on their cash register whenever I pay them a visit. It was supposed to be a harmless window shopping trip since I was enjoying some private time alone. bUT... BUT.... my itchy hands just couldn't stop stashing the items into the basket!

Results from my spur of the moment retail therapy?


Flag picks


More flag picks



Egg molds - Star & Heart


Baran in assorted sizes


Another pack of baran (^_^)


Rice ball wrapper!

After the romp, I also dropped by at Popular in Ikano with the intention of purchasing 'New Moon', one of the sequels to 'Twilight'. Guess what? They ran out of stock. Geez, I couldn't believe it. They were still right there before CNY. (>_<)#%^!@

Anyhow, I got myself another book instead which I've procrastinated from buying for such a long time. It's 'For One More Day' by Mitch Albom. This book's been on my To-Read-List since it came out. So it's been put off pretty long already... *sigh*

If only books don't cost so much. But then, how do we justify the effort put in by the writers without the monetary token of value? Tough la.

I'm still happy though. Coz i finally bought it. And it's another book crossed off the list. Plus a new story to lap up. Life's been good to me so far. I can't complain, honestly. It's one of those simple pleasures in life which I enjoy indulging in, apart from eating. I'm that easily contented sometimes. (^_^)

Huzza, i can't wait to start!

2 comments:

Bento Pet said...

'For one more day' is really good. I recently watched the DVD and was in tears. Read the book first for better understanding though.

Did you read "Tuesdays with Morie" - it's a fantastic book on life's lessons.

spunkz said...

Hi, Bento Pet. I just finished "For One More Day". I cringed at some parts.. at how eerily similar it rhymes to the mistakes I so often commit and regret. An introspective read indeed.

"Tuesdays with Morrie" is a great read as well and made me reflect a great deal on life too.

Other than Albom, Paulo Coelho also have some neat works. You may like to check out his books too. :)