Thursday 4 September 2008

Am reveling in the peaceful air in the office. My horoscope predicted that I have poor stars for health and work. I'm not sure how true that is. I had a restful sleep last night, made it for brekkie with Chris & had a relatively smooth sailing day. Perhaps I did not get much work done, but I'm working on it.

Owh.. I managed to do some research on a few netbooks. Having a tough time deciding which would be a better alternative to replace my retired NEC. I've been reading up on a few models:

  1. MSI Wind U 90/ 100
  2. Asus Eee PC 900/ 901/ 1000/ 1000H
  3. Acer Aspire One
  4. Lenovo S10

Buu got me to see the Asus 900 last Monday. I like everything about it except for the keypad. The keypad's real tiny, though Buu said it'll fit my fingers just fine. I still have doubts on that. And after I did the research today, the Asus 901 sits down better with me. I'm excited over the 6 cell battery, over 900's 3 cell. The 1000H offers better features, but with its price, it'll be more rational for one to go for a regular notebook, as pointed out by reviewers. Netbooks are coveted for portability and budget pricing, that's the whole point. That's with the exception if you want a secondary notebook.

MSI Wind U100 is tempting as well. But the 6 cell ones have not reached our shores yet, except for the limited ed Love Book which is filled with hearts, if I did not get my facts wrong. And it's a bit pricey, again for a netbook. MSI's not really hot in M'sia, compared to Singapore. But its features are supposed to be worth the $$ if you can spare the dough. Which is sadness (to me) coz I'm looking for a budget buy.

Buu managed to show me the Acer Aspire One as well on Monday. I didn't like the screen, but I like its keypad better. Lenovo S10 on hearsay is a budget buy, though features not comparable to those of Asus and MSI. Need to research more on the Aspire and S10. As a conclusion, I have my sights placed momentarily on the MSI Wind U100 and Asus Eee PC 901.

Geez. Win some, lose some. Well, i still have time to decide and (hopefully) wait for the prices to decline. At the moment, the netbook is not a necessity yet. I have to save for something bulkier. Now I'm having the feeling: So many things to buy, so little marnee. Hehe. Time to outsource for more temping jobs.

No comments: