Saturday 19 January 2008

Withdrawal symptoms

Self diagnosed results are out:

I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Of what?
Of that thing called you.

I knew it when my hands unconsciously reach for the phone every hour, either to check for a message or a call and wanting badly to message or call you.

There's part of me feeling perhaps I shouldn't have got so attached to you, yet another part knowing very well how much I yearn to be close to you.

Contradictory? Perhaps.

As our shadows flew in the wind, my grip tightened around your waist.... out of fear, out of worry, maybe. The speed dropped. You knit your eyebrows, heaving a sigh... yet understood my fears. Deep beneath, I pondered.. has the same clutch pulled you back on many occasions? Has it impeded what you might have attained had I not been there in the first place?

The questions remained unanswered, because I'm only thinking to myself, nothing out of the norm. As the insecurity dissipates, the arm relaxes.. and let goes. Till the next time the fear strikes again. Yet, it might not hold as fast the next time...

Because I'm learning to let go.

No comments: