Friday 3 April 2009

Bagel cravings

Call me a glutton, but I simply can't take my mind off food.

Take this for instance, Paps was asking me what would I like as my yearly coming of age gift few days ago. I secretly thought, bagels would be nice. Warm out of the oven, plain or with poppy and sunflower seeds, spreaded with cream cheese, topped with smoked salmon or bacon with scrambled eggs or bratwursts on the side. Mmm... savoured over a cup of coffee. Black. Classic.

Of course, I didn't tell him. Yet. Heh. But when he said the day's adventure would entail pork, seafood and a sampan, I wailed like a kiddo. but I want bagels for brekkie. Haha. So typical of me. Paps, being the dear, then said we could go to KLCC for my bagel fix before the trip. And I've been comprehending.

Earlier on, I surfed for some reviews on Bagel Station at Avenue K and got some lousy feedback. sigh. Good things hardly last, huh? I remember having the first of my bagels there and they got me converted instantly, no qualms!

Other options like Vienna's Bagels do not interest me for I thought their bagels have lost the bagel-ly look and the portions have shrunk, if my memory serves me well. Or at least that's how I felt whenever I passed by their counter at 1 Utama, hoping to grab one, only to be disappointed. If looks could kill. It killed my appetite. All in the name of the price of fame. Go figure.

Question. How can I satiate my bagel fix now? I wish someone would open more bagel shops instead of doughnuts. Heard Krispy Kreme's landing on our shores soon. Pls, someone bring in more bagels. I beg you.


Aren't they divine?

(Photo from here)

 

Apart from Pap's gift (the bento accesory boxes), I've also gotten a pretty premature call from Jeff aka Chombi Chombi precisely at 12 am this morning. I missed the call because I was fast asleep. Hee. Soowwy~ But he sent me a message anyways. Happy bthday my baby. To which I replied he's 1 day in advance. That monkey. Me die die love him.

    




And also a surprise gift from me colleagues, Sister Long Legs JO and Adventure-She-Likes CIL. Thankiu you very much, ladies~   :)

I only realised the gift was on my table after CIL popped me accidentally with this. "woit.....she din realise the gift is near her phone..ahhaha.." And then she realised that the pop went to the wrong person. And then I also realised. That I got a gift. I am a noob. haha. Mum said so last night. I refused to believe her. She said I was too straight. Dunno how to cornering. (P/S: You need to be a Malaysian to understand this gibberish) Now, looks like I have to let her have the joy of shoving these words in my face - I told you so.

On a side note, my social life is no longer non-existential. I'm almost always out for at least 1 day every week. It was Shinjuku Incident's special screening courtesy of (yet another) Chombi Chombi's kindness last Tuesday. And tonight I'm meeting up with sayang at Carl's Jr along with her hubby and Papi. In my dictionary, going out more than twice a week is considered happening. Pathetic sia.. eh?

Me just realised that I'm flitting between topics today. haha. So why not throw in one last non-related picture before ending?



That's Cheesecake and Brownie coercing me to eat my fruits everyday. I ate the red apple today, so it's not in the pic.


Till the next post, happy blogging and happy Easter ye all!


3 comments:

mil0chel said...

Oooo I love bagels too.. I had my first taste of bagels in the US and instantly fell in love with them :)

They remind me of kompiah... u know the foo chow thingy..

spunkz said...

yea.. bagels are chewy!! i love the texture! you're fast wey, i just uploaded the post.

I haven't tasted kompiah before, though i've hrd my colleagues raving abt em continuously. must go to sarawak one day and test.

Webby said...

hehe, lets make some tonight!!!
remember to get the stuff from Mid-Valley then we can start on our litle cooking game.