Wednesday 10 September 2008

Mix and Match

Hunch of the day: Food blogs are extremely aphrodisiacal. Ooh la la..

Today is mix-n-match day. Played around with my clothes and accessories. Des-chan commented that I gave her the Avril feel. No no.. I ain't cheerleader-ish. I went all preppy today. Took my skirt ribbon and doubled it as a tie! Siap with "tie clip" tim... my butterfly hairclip from YY. Was garbed in a long-sleeved white shirt ensemble with grey pin-striped pants. Oh, add a high ponytail too. :)

Sometimes, dressing up makes me feel so much more cheerful and invigorated. It's not often that I make an attempt at exuding more self-confidence physically. I suppose a dose of self-esteem boost doesn't hurt once in a blue moon, does it? :)
Like any normal homo sapiens, I suffer from the occasional plummet of self-esteem. Especially during this phase, when unstable elements are lurking abound. Hence, this is one of my fixes to counteract this mundane idiosyncrasy. Having insufficient funds to indulge in retail therapy yet, this is a very fun alternative of ditching my tension while displaying my creative flair besides cooking and eating.
Of course, there are no brownie points for the effort. But the key point is, I feel loved.
"Loving myself" was once a scandalous phrase to my ears. I dare not imagine me pampering myself. The very thought of it scathes my mind. It could sound unique to some, but it felt perfectly normal to me. I deluded myself into thinking the world would be a better place if I shared less of its beauties, glimpsed less of its treasures. Somehow, as I met more wise men along my pilgrimage, I was made to discover that I was mistaken. Stepping out of the vicious cycle is not easy, I still fall back into the self-deprived state on and off. But, I'm improving.
When I care for myself, I increase my capability of caring for people. When I feel loved, I love back with no boundaries.
Will you join me in loving yourself?

No comments: