Sunday 2 December 2007

Otai rocks!

After getting my ticket to head back to BP last Friday, I had half an hour to spare before boarding the bus. My lazy arse badly wanted to plonk down on a bench but it so happened that none are available. Thus, I ambled around pretty aimlessly.

I suddenly remembered that there was a burger stall tucked snugly at a deep corner of the station. I wasn't hungry, not even peckish.. but I just had a strong urge to check it out, as if some force was calling out to me.

As I encroached nearer & nearer, I GASPED in utter disbelief...


It can't be! The burger that I'd been searching high and low for was just right under my nose all these while!



It was sheer ecstasy for me to stumble upon the Otai burger that I'd heard so much of! It was rumoured to taste better than Ramly's.

Lookie... they have em own uniforms..
(Guys in uniforms are cute.. ahaha~
noo.. i have no uniform fetish!)


Unable to contain my excitement, I ordered a normal chicken burger even though I was still feeling stuffed from the dinner I grabbed in a rush before speeding to the station.

Otai ketchup & chili sauce... how cool can they get?


Piping hot Otai burger in my quivering hands....


Looks can be deceiving!


Verdict:


Lightly toasted soft bun with just a hint of buttery fragrance, none too overwhelming and off-puting! A generous patty with sizeable thickness still oozing juice as I chomped down the chow (gotta give the boy cedit for his grilling skills)! Love the barbecue-ish aroma that permeates my olfactory sense as I take each bite.. Generous servings of shredded cabbage and juicy tomato slices accompanied by tangy mayo!

Thumbs & toes up for Otai! Sorry Ramly.. I'm an Otai convert now! Do give it a test if you're nearby the Pudu bus station or Plaza Rakyat as it is known. Who knows you might join the legion of Otai aficionados too! hehehe! Cheers!

P/S: These 2 abangs are rather pleasant & friendly. Add another star to that!



No comments: