Saturday 28 July 2007

Food Engineering was a breeze compared to the norms. Usually, it'd have come in the form of a big blustery wind which can develop into a ferocious storm, catching one unawares midways. Still, silly mistakes are costly and I'd like to bang ma head on the wall very much please. Why did I write automator instead of actuator? I have not the slightest idea what is an automator. I'm not pissed at myself. Kind of bewildered what made that word pop up in my nougat. Silly witch.. hehehe.

Well, the ability to laugh at one's own blunders is always a good thing. We shouldn't take life too hard at times... unless one wants to go stark raving mad? Tis I seriously doubt not.. Knowing myself as a person who easily stumbles into the depression pit by the mildest stressor, I'm doing my best not to let history be recorded down in tape and put on a lifetime replay mode.

Delving into the definition of 'self-forgiveness', I've learnt to treat myself kinder.. and slowly start to love myself again. What good would it do to keep grasping tight to the mistakes committed when the past has already slipped through the hands of time? Harsh treatments as such are intended at reducing the guilt with self-inflicted punishment. However from previous experiences, the opposite is often true where the guilt does not get unloaded and instead piles up higher as resentment ensues.

To quote Cassie, "Life is too short to be wasted on tiny details like that".

Indeed. A profound life theory stringed into simplistic alphabets, often overlooked by the supposedly-civilized living beings. Barren, arid, and often consumed by those minute details in the form of temptations of vices.. we may be surging forward in terms of material progression, but can the same be said about the intellectual values passed down to us by the great thinkers of time?

Barely a mile would we have surpassed the deep-thinking minds of Aristotle and Socrates in present times.. had they been hale and hearty, immortalising their souls and ultimately their words so endearing under the stars that witnessed each turn of the earth..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.