Sunday 29 March 2009

In love with Delicious @ Bangsar Village

"I could get used to this."

That was what he said.
I smiled a little smile in my heart.

Because that's exactly how I felt,
the first time I set my foot inside the place.





We had been critically undecided about where to settle down for dinner last Sunday.

KL or PJ? Hartamas or Bangsar?

He thought that we should explore Bangsar since we hardly visit the area. I admit that I'd been pretty skeptical about his choice... that was all because I forgot that there was a precious little gem tucked away at a hidden corner in Bangsar Village. Somewhere that a kind benefactor had brought me before during a difficult period.

This is also part of the reason why it rhymes with homey to me...

A thoughtful touch. I'm really getting used to it by now. And I don't see any reason not to. :)

Moving on.... Order was fast, which was something out of the ordinary for me, as I'm a dawdler over menus. I caught sight of something which gave a little tug at my heart and the silent decision's made. He locked eyes with that certain something too and casually suggested it to me... we're soulmates, no doubt about that.


bon appetit, friends...



Drinks

Mine - RM 10.90

His - RM 8.90


Appetiser

Ours - RM13.90

Nothing near the condensed stuff that you dig out from the can. This is pure shroom heaven with a whole galactic of the toadstool family swimming inside. It was enjoyable to nibble at the minute chunks of mushrooms that comes with the soup. I believe shitake was used as well as it imparted a nice woody flavourto the soup. Dunk the buttery garlic bread in, I say, the deal's sealed.


Mains

His - RM 21.90

Mine - RM 21.90

Mo gradh settled for a chicken and avocado sandwich with pesto while yours truly anticipated excitedly for her roast duck salad with pomelo. The former was a tad bland but the latter did not disappoint. Tangy, refreshing and generous with the greens and slivers of roast duck, just the way we like it. I especially eschew the way the flavours explode in my mouth... need I explain more? *winks*

Both dishes were very generous in servings. Mo gradh had oodles of chicken chunks to polish off. As for the salad, it is substantial enough to be considered a main dish just by itself. Truth betold, we were stuffed to the brim and hence vehemently declined desserts, albeit I'm slightly mournful for that. I was sincerely hoping to taste their pretty desserts sitting on the counter. At the same time, I also know that I won't enjoy eating it at that present state. We'll be back again, definitely.

I couldn't help but think that Father Time seemed to have forgotten to wind his clocks. For while we were there, time stood still. And mortals as we are, took the time to savour the delicious food and basking in each other's company... in enrapturement, in ignorance of passing glances, in bliss and in love.

Of course, no great time is complete without some memorabilia...

spunkz and monsieur smiley


spunkz & monsieur grouch

Here's to more rendezvous at Delicious~

4 comments:

mil0chel said...

:) nice :)

Webby said...

Baby
i think we must test out the place in 1-utama also.

Aaron Foo Chee Mun said...

Have you tasted their cakes yet? :P Or their deserts!!! Their Sundae!! or Tiramisu!! fuhhhh!!!

spunkz said...

fuuh...chuk! noooo, and you're tempting me! ack! you're not AWOL anymore. LOL. thanks for dropping by~