Thursday 20 September 2007

Bohemian Rhapsody~

All of a sudden, I wish to throw away all my mundane troubles... and indulge in a spot of imaginary bliss... imagining I'm a bohemian princess, adorned in coloured tassels and a long flowy skirt, bare feet and twirling on my toes, basking in sweet-smelling nature under the cool evening.. my skin awashed with lush yellow light from the setting sun.. playfully kicking up the scattered autumn leaves, and humming to that lilting bohemian rhapsody....




It seems that everyone's free time will be spent in the lab from now onwards. A "Where ya heading after class?" will be greeted by a gruff reply, "Lab." The lifeless and chemical odour-inundated biotech lab (we call it the aquarium lab for obvious reasons) is the second home to many. Nothing there is edible lest you want to commit acute suicide, period.

The food lab on the other hand is the melting pot of various food concoctions. Yes, almost anything you grab there will be edible. At times, one can get suffocated when all the food smells merge in a symphony of smell. Then, it is hell. I come home with oil fume-perforated hair everyday. I do love the 'Grease' movie & musical, but I hate grease on my hair.

Today's waiting for the nuggets to set was excruciating painful because waiting.. is.. simply.. painful. Heh. Sorry for not offering a better adjective, I'm still kinda befuddled after sitting aimlessly in the lab and inhaling too much oil fume. The entire tray of minced chicken did not set overnight, hence we changed to another freezer. To while time away, I helped Wi Yee and Kosasih shell their overnight-dried mung beans. Poor Wi Yee had her Nikes stolen from the lab yesterday. Ouch.

I brought home Christy Phang's jam today. It's a mixture of jujube, longan and other stuffs I could not identify. This bottle turned out more syrupy than jammy, so I made water with it in the lab today and tapau the whole bottle home. Tasted like air mata kucing wey.. sedap~ Maybe Christy should change her thesis title to making syrups instead. hee hee.

No one goes hungry in the food lab. The whale (the same whale in Teh Fly's blog, though i duno why it's named "whale") made dessert today, green bean soup with sago and santan. The green beans were contributed by Kosasih and Wi Yee. Then there's also fried nuggets from KS and me. And jam from Christy.

Shower time... minna, ja~


'Feels great to be home,
A place to call my own.
Even though I may be alone,
It's still my precious resting dome...'

No comments: